|A freshman at Eagle Rock
Junior High School won first prize at the Greater Idaho Falls Science
Fair. He was attempting to show how conditioned we have become to the
alarmist practicing junk science and spreading fear of everything in
our environment. In his project he urged people to sign a petition
demanding strict control or total elimination of the chemical "Dihydrogen
And for plenty of good reasons, since it
1. cause excessive sweating and
2. it is a major component in acid
3. it can cause severe burns in its
4. accidental inhalation can kill you.
5. it contributes to erosion
6. it decreases effectiveness of
7. it has been found in tumors of
terminal cancer patients
He asked 50 people if they supported a
ban of the chemical Dihydrogen, monoxide. Forty-three said yes, six
were undecided, and only one knew that the chemical was… water.
The title of his prize winning project
was, "How Gullible Are We?" The conclusion is obvious.